QA's COVID-19 Response
In response to the continuing COVID-19 guidelines issued by county and state health agencies the QA board has been working diligently to find ways for members to continue to be involved in the guild and further our mission to share the love and knowledge of all aspects of quilting and related items, and to provide education and quilting-related community service.
QA will be holding the monthly meetings over the internet using Zoom technology. Our first ones were in June and were well-attended. Though the experience is different online vs in-person, many positive comments were received such as “it was nice to put people’s names with faces” and “the close up of Show & Tell quilts was very nice.” Zoom general meetings will continue to be held at regular meeting times until further notice. Guest speakers will be part of the meeting starting in June. See calendar for specific information.
The Program Committee is working to provide Virtual Workshops starting in September. Sign up is available for the September workshop and more are being planned.
The Charity Committee is providing opportunities for curbside pickup of pre-ordered Charity kits and quilt labels, and drop off of finished Preemie quilts and face masks. More curbside pickup events are being planned.
The Library Committee has implemented a new computer-based system for placing library books on hold. Curbside pickup of Library items put on hold and return of checked-out items will be available at the same time/location as the Charity pickup. You may place items on hold for pickup from the online library catalog on the QA website. All returned items will be quarantined for 30 days before being available for check-out. More details are in the July newsletter! Please contact the Library Chair for more information.
Many Satellite Groups are meeting by internet monthly and even weekly to provide social opportunities and support for members. Several of our Satellite Groups are currently accepting new members. Visit our Satellite groups for members page to learn more.
Quilt Show Bookmarks
Quilt Show Bookmarks are available to order on the QA Charity Kit Order Form, for pickup at the curbside pickup events. Please contact the Quilt Show Chairs for more information.
Different Committees are discussing ways to provide opportunities for learning and social connection. Possibilities include Day Camp and Social Hour. Have an idea? Contact QABoard@QuiltersAnonymous.org.
- QA COVID-19 Response Planning : Quilters Anonymous’ plan for resuming guild activities in accordance with county and state guidelines
- Safe Start Washington: Washington State’s plan for re-opening in phases, issued May 4, 2020
- The Risks – Know Them – Avoid Them: a helpful article by Erin Bromage outlining the relative risk of contracting COVID-19 in different environments
Past Updates on QA Events and Activities
June 4, 2020
While we still cannot gather in person due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to confirm that we will be holding our June membership meetings virtually on Tuesday evening, June 9, starting at 7 PM, and on Wednesday morning, June 10, starting at 10 AM.
April 9, 2020
Because of the coronavirus presence in our community and the resultant government restrictions, we are updating our scheduled May activities as follows:
- Night Meeting (5/5) – This meeting has been cancelled.
- Day Meeting (5/6) – This meeting has been cancelled.
- Teresa Coates Workshop (5/7) – This workshop has been cancelled, and we hope to reschedule for a later date.
- Spring Day Camp (5/15-16) – This event has been cancelled.
March 18, 2020
Our 2020 raffle quilt drawing was scheduled to be held at our April 8th meeting. Due to coronavirus concerns, that meeting has been cancelled, but the raffle drawing will still take place on that date. A few guild representatives will be there, but the drawing will not be open to the public. The results of the drawing will be posted on Facebook and our website.
March 16, 2020
Because of the coronavirus presence in our community and the resultant government restrictions, we are updating our scheduled April activities as follows:
- Quilt Show Wrap Party (4/4) – A virtual meeting will be held at a later date.
- Board meeting (4/6) – A virtual meeting will be held on the scheduled date.
- Night Meeting (4/7) – This meeting has been cancelled.
- Day Meeting (4/8) – This meeting has been cancelled.
- Retreat at Camp Huston (4/15-4/19) – This event has been cancelled.
- New Member Luncheon (4/26) – This event has been postponed to a later date (TBD).
March 6, 2020
As has become increasingly clear, the COVID-19 virus is a health threat in our state and across the globe. Out of respect for the health of its members and the broader community, and in compliance with recommendations issued by county and state health agencies, Quilters Anonymous has cancelled its annual Quilt Show which was scheduled for March 13-15, 2020, at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington.